"The 2008 Comic Wonder of the Year" Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING.
Sponsored by ComicWonder.com ("Sponsor").
- This contest runs from 12:01 a.m. CT on January 1, 2008 through 11:59 p.m.. CT on October 31, 2008 ("the Contest Period").
- To enter the contest, a participant must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Canada. except residents of Quebec, who are not eligible to enter), of legal age in the state or province of residence and must submit a joke for judging by following the submission procedures outlined at www.comicwonder.com. All entries must be submitted at www.comicwonder.com. Entries for Contest must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. CT on October 31, 2008.
- Entries will be judged first by online community voting at www.comicwonder.com, according to the rules provided thereon for rating the jokes. The highest ranked jokes for a given week will be presented to a panel of judges (made up of CW employees, representatives or selected community judgesJ) who will decide the weekly semi-finalist (Comic Wonder of the Week) The winner of the ComicWonder of the Week prize for each week during the Contest Period will be posted at www.comicwonder.com no later than Wednesday of each week leading up to the contest conclusionJ. The entries of the weekly prize winners will be judged using the following criteria, in this order: (1) joke performance, including acting, character voices, accents and the like, (2) quality of storytelling, including elaboration, details, depth of story and the like and (3) joke content. The judges' decisions will be final.
- Monthly Wildcard Winners: Occasionally we will run special contests and challenges during the monthly. Winners of these individual contest may be entered into the competition for the Monthly Finalists as a wildcard spot. Wildcard spots will not exceed 2 per month
- Monthly Finalists: The weekly winners and Wildcard Winners for a given month will be presented to a panel of judges (made up of CW employees and/or selected community judges) who will choose one as the monthly finalist (Comic Wonder of the Month) for the month in which the jokes were told. The winner of the ComicWonder of the Month prize for each month during the Contest Period will be posted at www.comicwonder.com no later than the 15th of each month leading up to the contest conclusion. The entries of the monthly winners will be judged using the following criteria, in this order: (1) joke performance, including acting, character voices, accents and the like, (2) quality of storytelling, including elaboration, details, depth of story and the like and (3) joke content. The judges' decisions will be final.
- Comic Wonder of the Year Wildcard Winners: Occasionally we will run special contests and challenges during the contest period. Winners of these individual contests may be entered into the competition for Final Comic Wonder of the year as a wildcard FinalistJ, at the Sponsor's discretion. There will be no more than 10 wildcard winners.
- There will be one winner of the Grand Prize. The 2008 Comic Wonder of the year will be chosen by a panel of 5 judges. If a tie results in the judging for the Grand Prizes, the tie will be broken by Comic Wonder's Head of Humor, Mark Metcalf, whose decision will be based on the above criteria and will be final. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, entries will be declared to have been made by the "Assigned Account Holder," that is, the individual person who is assigned the e-mail address corresponding to the winning entry.
- Prizes: Grand Prize (Comic Wonder of the Year): One (1) Comic Wonder of the Year Trophy ("ARV" $1,000) and $2,500 in cash (total ARV $3,500).
Comic Wonder of the Week Semifinalist Prize: one (1) Comic Wonder hat (ARV $11.50) and $50 in cash (total ARV $61.50).
Comic Wonder of the Month Prize: There will be no additional prizes offered for this finalist level.
Additional prizes may be added during the contest period. Please see the contest page at ComicWonder.com for current prize list.
Prizes will be awarded. Winner is responsible for all taxes. No substitution or transfer of prize or redemption for cash permitted, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize becomes unavailable.
- Winner will be notified by telephone, e-mail or certified mail, based on information provided with entry. If the Grand Prize winner's notification is undeliverable or the Grand Prize winner does not return the affidavit of eligibility, waiver of liability and publicity release within 14 days after notification, the winner will be disqualified and the judges will choose a new winner from among the remaining eligible entries. If a weekly prize winner's notification is undeliverable, the weekly prize will be awarded to the runner-up in the online community voting for that week. If the wildcard winner's notification is undeliverable, the runner-up in the online community voting for the wildcard will be selected as the wildcard winner.
- By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and by the decision of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability/consent to publicity. These official rules can be found at www.comicwonder.com/2008/comic-wonder-of-the-year/cwotyrules.jsp. Comic Wonder, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. Each entrant consents to Comic Wonder's use of the submitted joke and the winner's name, state or province of residence and likeness for all lawful purposes. All entries, intellectual property and information contained thereon become the sole property of Comic Wonder. Comic Wonder reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the contest. Comic Wonder is not responsible for (1) undelivered, lost, late, stolen, damaged, mutilated, illegible, misdirected, incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry information, (2) telephone, electronic, hardware or software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (3) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; and (4) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted, including computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, whether caused by entrant or any other reason.
- Comic Wonder reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest at any time due to situations beyond its reasonable control that make the contest not capable of completion as planned and to select winner from the valid entries received prior to cancellation, termination or modification of the contest.
- All entrants release Comic Wonder and its employees, directors, officers and agents, affiliated companies, advertising, publicity and promotion agencies from any and all claims or liability in connection with their participation in this contest. ENTRANTS AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS Comic Wonder AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENCIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES FROM RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES, INCLUDING DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, DUE IN WHOLE OR PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
- Winners' List: The name of the weekly semifinalist and Monthly finalists will be posted at www.comicwonder.com as noted above. The Grand Winner of the Contest will be posted at www.comicwonder.com after November 15, 2008.
Sponsored by: Comic Wonder, llc, Milwaukee, WI 53217.